Any reference to "you" or "your", means you as a user of our website at mailchatter.com ("Website"). Any reference to "we", "us"or "our" is to MailChatter.com and any contractors who provide services to us in relation to our Website.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of content that you store on our Website;
- details of any transactions you carry out through our Website;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a service (for example, a user name, email address and password), posting material or requesting information or services;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, registration details, plus registration details if accessing via another website (for example, if accessing via Facebook we may store your Facebook registration details), traffic data, location data, uploaded content, comments and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs.
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- monitor, develop and improve our Website, services and your experience;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- run and carry out competitions on our Website;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you; and/or
If you register on our Website, your personal information may, in addition to the above, be used by us to:
- contact you in the event of queries or for security reasons;
Where and only where you have provided your prior consent we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone or mail about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by e-mail, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and/or
- where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by e-mail, telephone or mail.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box when registering.
To unsubscribe from receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may register your details for certain services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those services. You may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
COOKIES AND OTHER SUCH DEVICES
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of our Website
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Basic session management used by ASP.net which is essential for the site to work||20 minutes|
|CurrentSessionId||Used to track a MailChatter database session with an ASP.net session. Essential for the site to work.||20 minutes|
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use)
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- measure and improve the performance of our Website;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- speed up searches;
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so; and/or
- provide additional functionality on our Website.
|mcpermsignon||Stores whether you decided opted for permanent signon||365 days|
|totls3452||Used to determine whether you have accepted cookies||365 days|
Other cookies outside of our control
We may use external services such as YouTube, Twitter or Facebook, to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
Like many other organisations, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our site and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to our site.
- Monitoring the number of users on our site at any given time.
- Analysing popular content on our site.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See this link for how to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
How do I manage & delete these cookies?
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if MailChatter.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- where relevant, your user name and information you voluntarily provide in your profile that you register with us will be published on areas of our Website where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Where other users wish to contact you, they will be able to identify you by your user name and any other information you may yourself disclose via our Website;
- we may pass your personal information to our employees and agents and third parties to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- some general statistical information about our Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (including third party advertisers who wish to advertise on our website) but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to any charities and organisations that we work with, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help charities reach the kind of audience they want to target using our Website.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled "How do we use information about you?" is conducted by us or third parties based on your consent.
Always think carefully before disclosing your personal information or other information to other users of our Website or otherwise posting your personal information on our Website. It is important that you are aware that any of your personal information or other information which you disclose to another user may then be disclosed on our Website by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Website.
SECURITY/HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If registered with our Website, we will store your password. To protect security, we do not have access to or visibility of any passwords on our system. Should you forget your password, we will send you an email to the email address you have registered with us and provide a link to reset your password with a new one.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at [email protected] or you can write to us at MailChatter.com, The Custom House, The Strand, Barnstaple, Devon United Kingdom, EX31 1EU.
We have notified the Information Commissioner's Office about our data processing activities under notification number [Z3610297].